QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
The Partner Relations Program Data Associate will play a key role in the ongoing development and operations of the team, focusing on the quality and use of data and technology to support QuestBridge college partners. This position provides an opportunity for talented, socially-conscious individuals to challenge themselves while advancing a groundbreaking social mission. Reporting to the Data Operations Manager in Partner Relations, this person will clean, process, and analyze data in impactful and efficient ways.
Our Associate will have the opportunity to collaborate with program, data, and engineering team members within the Partner Relations team and across other departments for thought partnership, feedback, and growth. In addition to data, analytical, and technical skills, this position has a strong focus on quality assurance. If you will enjoy applying your data and technology skills to data projects that fuel QuestBridge’s mission, we look forward to reviewing your application!
- Support the management of all data, technical systems, and programs that the Partner Relations team uses to execute its work, including Slate (application database system) and Salesforce Community Cloud, among others.
- Perform rigorous data standardization and quality assurance on student and partner data.
- Build SQL scripts or other tools for data processing.
- Provide support in analysis projects related to QuestBridge college partners.
- Clean and organize student data to share with partners.
- Collect and analyze publicly available data on admissions and admissions trends.
- Attend and staff our National College Admissions Conferences and other events as required.
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of organization, professionalism, and attention to detail.
- Intermediate level experience using Microsoft Excel and SQL.
- Strong comfort with technology and data, with the ability to evaluate and improve current operations.
- Ability to incorporate feedback.
- Strong communication skills.
- At least two years of full-time professional experience, with work experience in higher education a plus.
- Familiarity with highly selective college admissions and financial aid processes.
- Familiarity with code to point of understanding and executing code that has been tested.
- Familiarity with Python, R, Git, and/or Statistical Analysis.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.
- Experience increasing efficiency of processes, and automation of analyses and reporting.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy.
- Strong work ethic, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic. Energized by working with a revenue-generating social venture in an expansion phase.
- Self-starter, with ability to self-manage and take ownership of work. Keen sense of accountability.
- Polished, professional demeanor and communication style.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment in difficult situations.
- Desire to grow and develop professionally. Quick study, independently resourceful.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position. Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time position. QuestBridge’s office is in Palo Alto, CA, next to shopping, restaurants, Caltrain, and additional transportation.