The Data Associate position offers a unique opportunity for someone passionate about using their data and technology skills to enhance educational programs and contribute to the growth of a far-reaching entrepreneurial social venture. Reporting to the Director of the QuestBridge Scholars Network (QSN), this person will be a key member of the team focused on supporting thousands of QuestBridge Scholars who attend partner colleges across the country. They will contribute to day to day program operations and quality control of various communication campaigns, as well as manage long term projects to improve how we track and support this vast network. A major aspect of the role will be to collaborate with data stakeholders across the organization and lead data management for the QSN team, through cleaning, exploring, analyzing Scholar and Chapter related data, as well as designing intuitive ways to visualize data for operational insights.
Our Associate will have the opportunity to collaborate with program, data, and engineering team members across other departments for thought partnership, feedback, and growth. This position has a strong focus on communications and project management and provides the opportunity to participate in the ongoing operations and innovation of our QSN programs and initiatives. If you think you will enjoy applying your data and technology skills to further improve our QSN programming and fuel QuestBridge’s mission, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage data integrity for marketing campaigns through technical requirements, email queries and quality control.
- Maintain consistency and accuracy of data in our student and admissions information platform, forms, surveys and dashboards.
- Contribute to the understanding of the QSN team’s data needs, as part of a data warehouse build.
- Lead data management and documentation for all Scholar-related data processes in conjunction with all relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct data analyses on communications campaigns, email readership, social media tracking, and other programmatic needs.
- Collect requirements and create reports on cyclical analyses. Respond to reporting and analysis requests through presentations and other visual forms of results.
- Support survey design and analyses of survey data outcomes.
- Conduct periodic record consolidation and data cleaning in collaboration with other data-oriented staff.
- Partner with and learn from analysts and engineers in other departments on cross-collaborative projects.
- Assist in a variety of tasks and contribute to strategy of programs that positively impact the QSN community and growth.
- Travel to events to interact with students and apply these experiences to continuously improve programming.
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 1+ year(s) of experience cleaning, managing, and analyzing data.
- Experience working across and combining multiple sources of data (education data is a plus).
- Analytical thinking on how data can support program management.
- Proficient at using tools such as Excel/Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Tableau for data management, data analysis, data reporting, and data visualization.
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish, organizing bandwidth, workflows and multiple deliverables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to incorporate feedback.
- Experience working in an innovative and fast-paced environment, using flexibility and creativity to solve problems.
- Ability to learn new technology and a variety of software platforms.
- Ability to write clear documentation of programs and processes.
- Experience increasing efficiency of processes, and automation of analyses and reporting.
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus.
- Ability to wrangle data with the Python, R, or other scripting languages.
- Experience using CRM platforms and applications is a plus.
- Familiarity with code to point of understanding, and executing code that has been developed and tested.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge, especially in terms of serving the current QuestBridge Scholar population.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy.
- Collaborative, with general curiosity and excitement to solve problems.
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling confidential data.
Salary is commensurate with experience, variable according to experience and abilities. Benefits included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time position. QuestBridge’s office is in Palo Alto, CA, next to the Caltrain station.