QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
Our Data Associate will work closely with the team to identify and support high school students through the QuestBridge application process. This role will play a key part in the ongoing development and operations of the team, focusing on the use of data and technology to execute our recruitment and retention campaigns. This position offers a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about using data to drive a multi-platform communication campaign.
The Data Associate will contribute to day to day program operations and quality control of various communication campaigns. They will also clean, explore, analyze, and process data in intuitive and efficient ways to offer operational insights and improvements for future campaigns. They will also have the opportunity to collaborate with program, data, and engineering team members across other departments for thought partnership, feedback, and growth. In addition to data, analytical, and technical skills, this position has a strong focus on communications and project management. If you think you will enjoy applying your data and technology skills to further improve our student applicant recruitment efforts to fuel QuestBridge’s mission, we look forward to reviewing your application.
- Manage data integrity for marketing campaigns through technical requirements, data queries, and quality control.
- Work with team to develop populations for drip email campaigns and implement A/B tests
- Maintain consistency and accuracy of data in our student and educator information platform, forms, surveys and dashboards.
- Conduct data analyses on communications campaigns, email readership, social media tracking, and other programmatic needs.
- Support survey design and analyses of survey data outcomes.
- Conduct periodic record consolidation and data cleaning in collaboration with other data-oriented staff.
- Partner with and learn from analysts and engineers in other departments on cross-collaborative projects.
- Assist in a variety of tasks and contribute to strategy of programs that positively impact the recruitment and retention of student applicants.
- Contribute to the understanding of the Student Relations - Recruitment team’s data needs, as part of a data warehouse build.
- Travel to events to interact with students and apply these experiences to continuously improve programming.
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 1+ year(s) of experience cleaning, managing, and analyzing data.
- Experience working across and combining multiple sources of data (education data is a plus).
- Analytical thinking on how data can support program management.
- Proficient at using tools such as Excel/Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Tableau for data management, data analysis, data reporting, and data visualization.
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish, organizing bandwidth, workflows and multiple deliverables.
- Must be detail oriented related to data quality issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to incorporate feedback.
- Ability to learn new technology and a variety of software platforms.
- Ability to write clear documentation of programs and processes.
- A passion for data driven marketing.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Familiarity with HTML.
- Experience using CRM platforms and applications.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing reporting and diagnostic tools (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.).
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge.
- Exceptional attention to detail, but able to maintain focus on larger picture. Rigorous quality standards in terms of quantitative accuracy.
- Collaborative, with general curiosity and excitement to solve problems.
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling confidential data.
Salary is commensurate with experience, variable according to experience and abilities. Benefits included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time position. QuestBridge’s office is in Palo Alto, CA, next to the Caltrain station.