QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions.
QuestBridge is searching for a Program Manager to join the Student Relations - Recruitment team. This person will be a key member of a team that is focused on identifying and educating students, as well as supporting them through the QuestBridge application processes. This position offers a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about using various types of communications and platforms to positively impact the lives of students and their constituents, including educators and parents.
A successful Program Manager must be comfortable wearing many hats. Responsibilities will range from planning and execution of new outreach initiatives, as well as supporting all existing programming and processes. This role also requires comfort with public speaking to both in-person and online audiences, as well as travel throughout the year.
- Participate in scoping the strategic vision for recruiting student applicants and increasing educator/CBO referrals.
- Operationalize and scale an on-the-ground outreach program, utilizing educator contacts across high schools in the U.S., as well as QuestBridge Scholars (college students) across our 40 college partners.
- Collaborate with team to develop QuestBridge application toolkit resources for educators to utilize and distribute to prospective student applicants.
- Assist with developing and delivering online webinars and info sessions on QuestBridge process for educators and parents.
- Coordinate QuestBridge’s participation across industry conferences and represent organization during presentations.
- Use tracking and analytics to measure the impact of outreach efforts.
- Participate in team efforts to proofread written communications to students, educators, and other audiences.
- Contribute to the overall initiatives and processes of the Student Relations team, including providing email and phone support for students and educators as they move through the QuestBridge process.
- Read and evaluate student applications for the College Prep Scholars Program, National College Match, and other various opportunities.
- Attend and staff National College Admissions Conferences.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Experience working with educators/high schools/CBOs and high school students.
- Track record of success in setting priorities, establishing operational processes, and executing on plans with measurable outcomes.
- Comfort with technology and data, with the abilty to evaluate and improve processes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with high level of professionalism.
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations.
- Willingness to travel 10-15% of the year.
- Self-starting, resourceful, and organized with a keen sense of accountability.
- Able to comfortably adapt in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Warm, positive personality; ability to collaborate well with others. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and deep-seated personal integrity, with intense drive to reach goals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge.
- Passion for and knowledge of issues in education, ideally relating to access to higher education.
Salary is commensurate with experience, variable according to experience and abilities. Benefits included with full-time employment.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a full-time position. QuestBridge’s office is in Palo Alto, CA, next to the Caltrain station.